You will join our successful journey in disrupting the luggage and tech market. You will be a cornerstone of the development and implementation of enhanced backend applications that will help us grow and scale our business.
Backend Developer node.js (m/f)
- Help us building our new node.js-based backend system
- You take over responsibility for architectural and technology wise decisions following best practices and state of the art methodologies
- Beside planning and implementation of new features you support us in running and maintaining your dockerized server setup
Your Skills & Experience
- Minimum 2+ years experience in backend engineering in node.js
- Expertise in building REST APIs with node.js
- Test-driven development (e.g. Jest, Mocha)
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Comfortable working with Docker and AWS
- DevOps experience is a plus
- Good communication skills with the ability to clearly explain complex technical issues to all level team members
Horizn Studios is a fast-paced digital travel venture based in Berlin. As Europe’s first vertical online-player in the luggage industry, Horizn has been growing fast thanks to our digital approach to creating the leading travel brand for the next generation. Horizn received special attention thanks to its groundbreaking innovations and global collaborations with opinion-leading partners such as BMW, Soho House, Airbnb and DJ Seth Troxler, among others. Horizn was founded by experienced entrepreneurs Stefan Holwe and Jan Roosen in 2015, with strong backing by international VCs and renowned private investors. Horizn Studios’ range of smart luggage, bags and travel accessories is distributed predominantly direct-to-consumer, online and through the brand’s own stores.